For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jer 29:11)



Sunday, April 20, 2008

One step closer!

After weeks of dreading, as well as much organizing and cleaning, we finally had our home inspection and personal interviews, and we passed! The social worker and her understudy were both nice and the visit was quick! I think we really did not know what to expect from the interviews or home inspection, so we tried to cover all the bases, organizing closets and cupboards, even going so far as to clean behind furniture. I think we went above and beyond the call of duty, but we passed the homestudy and are all done with home visits until after we bring our sweet baby girl home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
Just so the effort wasn't wasted, I'll have Josiah and Charlie look behind the furniture and in the closets next month. You and all 3 of your little ones are in my prayers.

Diana Hodson said...

Can't wait to hug ALL your children.
Love you guys,
Diana

Tara said...

Congratulations, you guys! We will be watching the blog and praying for you! You have done a great job on the blog so far, a lot more useful tid-bits than I could put together on ours! (I kind of wish now that I could have found more Ukraine stats to put there.) Anyway, God bless your whole family, including the new addition(s) He has in mind! BTW: We totally recommend a blog for int. adoption, it is very supportive to inform family and friends, etc. so they can pray for you, help you if needed, gain a heart for orphans, and in a way it is accountability for your agency.