For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jer 29:11)



Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mom's Day Jamie!

Thanks for all that you do for our family. Thanks for changing all those diapers, doing all that never-ending laundry, patiently working with Lana's poor sleeping, helping Bryant learn new words, taking care of meals, buying the groceries, cleaning bathrooms, washing dishes, always taking time to talk, never asking me to watch Anne of Green Gables with you, playing with the kids, offering encouraging words, coming up with creative ideas around the house, listening to me practice presentations, planning special occasions, steam cleaning the carpets, giving us all haircuts (well, not Lana yet), acting interested when I get technical, working to keep Christ central in all things, never wasting money, feeding Chi-Chi, getting up often in the night when kids are crying, loving your husband on his melancholy days, taking great photos of the family, stomping creepy-crawlies in the middle of the night, taking the kids to their doctor's appointments, loving my family and friends as your own, keeping your hair long at my request, and loving a child you haven't even met yet. Our children are blessed to have you for their mother. I am a better man because you are my wife. I love you very much.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's sweet, Gary!
Ha!!!!!!!!!!! Anna of Green Gables......What's wrong with you??????
Happy Mom's day belated to Jamie. We missed you guys yesterday. Hope kiddos are feeling better.
Love you guys,
Diana

SevenPilgrims said...

Jamie . . . call me! I'LL watch Anne of Green Gables with you ANYTIME. Twinkies too! Hey, it's true . . a woman's husband and children will rise up and call her blessed. Keep fighting the fight, girlfriend!

asburygrad said...

Hi, Jamie! Happy (belated) Mother's Day to you, too! I hope you had a great day, and I am so happy that God gave you to Gary to be his wife - what a wonderful blessing you have been to our entire family! We miss you all!
Love,
Lisa
PS - I'd watch Ann of Green Gables with you, too!

Anonymous said...

Gary, thank you for saying that! Your love for Jamie is such a blessing and a true witness to God's work in both of your lives. I love your family so much and can't wait to meet this new little one. :)