For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jer 29:11)



Saturday, February 27, 2010

Kayla's hair

I have been trying some new things on Kayla's hair lately because otherwise we have days that look like this.



This is when I put her hair in rows of twists.

.


Headbands used to be a winner, but now she usually pulls them out.

These are little fat braids that stuck up all over her head, not her best look.

This picture is from last summer the only time I have tried beads. I think the beads are so cute, but unfortunatly they are a choking hazard so I have not done them again.

If anyone has any tips or thoughts, I would love to hear them, I am still learning.

5 comments:

Joyful Wife said...

Jamie, how precious your little girl is! I love seeing her different hair styles. Maybe if you think you need more encouragement and ideas you can find a mom with who does a great job on her little black girls hair and get her to teach you. I have seen some of the most adorable styles for that hair type when out and about shopping sometimes.

KristenVT said...

What's wrong with the first picture?! It's adorable...Emma's hair looks pretty much the same in the morning, except red. I think the twists are super cute. Does Kayla actually sit still long enough for you to do that?

Randall and Rachel Beita said...

Jamie, What a sweet little girl. I love the twist look. I know it can be a challenge working with diffrent hair but you are doing a good job. You may also can look on the web of simple yet pretty hair styles for young girls. I have never done a search like that but may give you some ideas.

Jamie said...

Thank you all for your thoughts and tips. Kayla is learning to sit for Mommy and doing really well.

Lisa said...

Steve suggests dreadlocks . . . HA!