For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jer 29:11)



Friday, May 8, 2015

Baby Turtle



During our trip to TN Gary found an adorable turtle I really wanted to take home with us. We found out you cannot take that particular kind of turtle out of the wild and make it a pet.  Growing up with turtles or tortoises I always loved them as pets and suddenly I really wanted a turtle.  Last night Gary told me to be ready to sign for a package this morning that would be an early Mother's Day gift.  He told me that I should open it as soon as it arrives.  Inside the box was a teeny, tiny little turtle, the cutest little animal!!  We have not picked out a name yet, but here is the latest addition to the Gilchrist family!  We think it is a girl, but apparently we may not be able to tell until our little one gets bigger.  After eating 3 worms it is now settled in some bedding under a light in it's new home.




2 comments:

Uncle Mark said...

Clearly that's Michelangelo! Those are excellent pictures though. So many details on that little fella!

Unknown said...

What a sweet newborn baby!! How fun! A good Mother's Day gift; being content with the small things.:) Love, Mom and Dad