For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jer 29:11)



Monday, March 5, 2012

Life resumed

Well, my healing has taken a huge leap the last few days and I am feeling great!  We are thanking God for his grace through this season and a big thanks to my amazing friend Heidi for flying out and taking care of things this past week.  She and Blake had some special bonding times (especially in the middle of the night with a bottle).  Thank you, Heidi!

On a personally sad note, my sweet aunt, Eileen, was killed suddenly last week.  I remember so many times in my teens sitting at her feet while she would play with my hair and I will pour out my heart to her.  Aunt Eileen was a wonderful listener, deeply compassionate, and someone who loved to laugh.  She will be missed by so many, but right now all I feel is how much I will miss her, how much I already do.

We started school again today.  I am really hoping that now we can have a season of routine and simplicity.  I love that small things can be so exciting to the children and I look forward to having time to enjoying the simple things once again.

3 comments:

Randall and Rachel Beita said...

Jamie, So glad you are feeling so much better. Praise God!! What a sweet friend to come and help you. Praying for continued health.

Donna said...

Glad that you are feeling better. Hugs for your loss. May the Lord grant you His peace and favor.

Anonymous said...

Good news! So glad the Lord has been meeting your needs through help from your friend and recovery for you. Don't overdo it! Love you,
Launa