For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jer 29:11)



Thursday, May 31, 2012

Lessons

I have wrestled a lot recently with feelings of failure as a mother and wife.  The endless duties of keeping up a home, the laundry, the dishes, the clutter.  The responsibility and effort required in homeschooling.  The huge job of training my children in the Lord and in Godly character.  I found myself falling short in every area.  After weeks of discouragement and hating my failure God brought me back to what I know to be true.  I am a sinner, I will always fall short, I will never run a perfect race in this life, and that is where God has me. My sin and failures bring me to my knees and remind me continually of my need of a Savior.  I also was reminded, through some dear friends, that my identity is no longer tied up in my failures, that is not who I am.  In Christ I am a beloved child and a new creature in the process of sanctification.  What joy and happiness I am finding as I remember who God has made me to be and what a wonderful road he has placed me on.  I love my children, I love being home with them every day, I love being the one who teaches them, I love watching there eyes come alive as they understand a new concept in math or read a difficult word or roll over for the first time.  It is a joy and privilege to be right where I am, a sinner saved by grace, who has been blessed so far beyond what I deserve.

2 comments:

Mike said...

What a great post, and a great all-around reminder of who we are, and our need for Jesus :) God bless you and your beautiful family!

Uncle Mark said...

That was awesome to read, Jamie. Very true for all of us! I am so excited for your kids... How blessed they are to have such a foundation of Biblical truth that they can learn and grow from.

Love you and miss you all!

Hug the kiddos for me! =)