For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jer 29:11)



Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Adopted for Life

This post is simply a plug for a great book that I was able to read on our trip. Long plane flights are good for reading books. In fact, they provide about the only significant blocks of reading time I have anymore! Anyway, the book title is Adopted for Life, written by Russell D. Moore. I loved this book, and I highly recommend this book to anyone, whether they have any interest in adoption or not. Moore spends a fair amount of time showing just how integral the concept of adoption is to our Christian faith. He weaves in some of his own family experiences, as he and his wife adopted two boys from Russia. I got a good chuckle out of several of his stories, and I fought back tears on a few others. I'm enclosing a link to a review of this book, as well as the Amazon link for this title.

http://www.challies.com/archives/book-reviews/adopted-for-life.php

http://www.amazon.com/Adopted-Life-Priority-Adoption-Christian/dp/1581349114/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1244690104&sr=8-1
.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

It's officially on my reading list. I've really enjoyed reading your blog and catching up on the before story. Thanking the Lord for new friends. Pray all is going well for you back home.