For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jer 29:11)



Thursday, October 13, 2011

Some thoughts


This has been a challenging season for me to practice trusting God and His timing.  We continue to be so excited about the upcoming adoption, but I wrestle with not knowing if we might be bringing baby home next week or in 6 months.  I love to be prepared and this is testing my peace daily.  At the recommendation of our social worker I have been contacting agencies to see if they have any possible situations that would be a fit for us.  On Monday we were made aware of a birth mother in California who would be delivering in the next few weeks.  This morning I was notified that the birth mother was no longer available.  These ups and downs have been tough.  What I keep preaching to myself is that God has my baby already chosen and the time of his arrival is also already planned.  My part is to rest and trust God as I continue to actively seek out situations.

Psalm 9:10
And those who know your name put their trust in you,
for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.

Bryant took above the picture of 'the girls'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

Praying for you guys today!