For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jer 29:11)



Monday, November 7, 2011

Jaundice


When I woke up this morning I was amazed at how suddenly Blake's coloring had changed.  I thought, wow, he is already getting his darker complexion.  When I finally took him into a good light I realized his complexion was actually turning orange.  We went to the hospital for a scheduled test to check his bilirubin and sure enough his numbers had almost doubled since yesterday.  The doctor ordered a phototherepy bed and bili blanket.  He makes a super cute firefly.  Gary and I will take turns staying up with Blake tonight since it was advised we keep him supervised.  We are hoping this process will bring his numbers down and keep them down after tonight.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Ruth was my firefly baby, Elijah was under the lights at the NICU and Josiah they let go -- he was the worst. Praying for the little guy.

Nika said...

Jamie, you have no idea how much I wish I was there. =( He *is* an adorable firefly! I wish I could just kiss him and snuggle him!