For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jer 29:11)



Friday, November 4, 2011

Still waiting

I have called our social worker twice today for an update and she has not gotten back to me yet.  We are hoping this means that baby is coming and there is no time for phone calls.  I did talk with our worker last night and she explained that when the baby does arrive the birth mother only wants to hold the baby not feed or change him.  Since this is the case they will probably want me to stay at the hospital and take care of him until the paperwork is signed and he is released.  I am thrilled to possibly be able to hold him during his early hours after birth.  Sounds like I might be sleeping in the waiting room or in a chair in the nursery tonight.  I will try to update as soon as we know more, if I am at the hospital you may get a post from Gary.

No comments: